Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Part One - About Me



"Even the most beautiful views can get foggy sometimes" - John William
& Joseph McNally



Why is my blog is called cookies & couture?
I have a massive passion from everything from cooking to high-end designer clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. Not only that but those little boutiques that have one offs or the chain store basics! My plan is to compile great finds and post them on my blog! To try great recipes and give step by step photos and tips on how to make bits & pieces!
I thought why not share my passions. Everyone seems to be doing it these days!

So not many girls my age would have any idea on how to bake a cake or cookies - most of my friends would attempt a stunt on masterchef if they didn't burn there toast this morning.
So i guess this is my way of trying to motivate anyone in every aspect of life. I know that it's cliche but why not try something new?


Where do i start?

My names Emily - It comes from the Latin Term meaning Admiring and from the French term as Feminine Form. I wish it was spelt Emilie instead, but apparently mum didn't want me to spell my name for the rest of my life.


Originally my mum is from the Seychelles - If you don't know what that is see here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seychelles i think its one of the most beautiful countrys in the world. And my dad is Australian.

I just turned 22 and i live in Melbourne. I work for my dads company, and starting in recruitment next year.
I have an amazing boyfriend, a precious little Pomeranian called "sweetie" and my beautiful god daughter called Deana.. oh and my family would honestly give the Osbourne's a run for there money.


I try to stay focused on helping the world around me, giving to the less fortunate is so important. My family and i sponsor children in Senegal and give to other charities often, that's what i feel passionate about.


One of my favorite blogs are by Emily's. Apparently it's a very creative name?

This is Emily Everywhere -
Her blog mainly revolves around her amazing marriage and her trial and error into trying to have a baby. I think its gorgeous for her to open up her whole private life and be so honest about the hardship. Read it here -
http://blogs.news.com.au/couriermail/emily/

My main motivation for my blog was this gorgeous blog by another Emily called
Cupcakes & Cashmere - although she's based in America i love the way her blog is set out and how she expresses everything she See's. Some of the images are amazing, and her sense of style I'm envious of! This is where i want to go with my blog but with all Australian labels as well. Check out Emily's blog here -
http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/

I welcome questions, on anything directly to myself for the blog for advice from my readers.
If you enjoy reading my blog please reference me in yours or like any of the links on face book, twitter etc.

Cookies & Couture is just getting started, and I'm excited!











No comments:

Post a Comment